As an abrasive tool, the main component of silicon carbide sandpaper is silicon carbide compounds. Due to its excellent grinding performance, it is widely used in multiple industries, including metal processing, automotive maintenance, and construction.
- Woodworking field: used for shaping, polishing, and polishing wooden furniture, cabinets, and other woodworking products to obtain smooth and polished surfaces.
- Metal processing field: used for metal polishing, polishing, and burr removal to produce high-quality metal components.
- Automotive field: used for polishing car body panels, repairing car interiors, and maintaining and repairing car surfaces.
- In the field of architecture and home furnishings: used for polishing gypsum boards and preparing concrete or metal materials for construction projects.
- Manufacturing and engineering fields: used for shape shaping, surface polishing, and production of smooth components.
- Art and handicraft fields: used for sculpture, model making, and other art projects.
- Aerospace field: used for manufacturing and maintaining aircraft components, polishing composite materials, polishing aircraft components, etc.
- Electronic industry field: used for surface treatment and precision grinding of electronic components.
Apply adhesive, apply silicon carbide abrasive, dry and cure, apply adhesion reinforcement layer and wax on the selected substrate, and finally cut into appropriate sizes and package.
The main models of silicon carbide sandpaper are usually distinguished based on the particle size of the sand (i.e. the size of the sand particles in the sandpaper) and their use. Different types of sandpaper with different particles can be used for different applications. The following are some common models of silicon carbide sandpaper:
40-80: Used for preliminary trimming and removal of large surface defects, suitable for rough work.
100-180: Used for moderate finishing and leveling surfaces, suitable for general sandpaper work.
220-400: Used for meticulous trimming, suitable for work that requires a smoother surface.
Ultra fine sandpaper:
600 and above: Used for fine trimming, polishing, and polishing, suitable for work that requires a very smooth surface.
Wet and dry sandpaper:
It has a waterproof performance and can be used in wet or humid conditions, suitable for wet sand and surface treatment before painting.
Special purpose sandpaper:
Including sandpaper for different purposes, such as metal sandpaper, woodworking sandpaper, automotive repair sandpaper, etc.
The correct handling and storage methods can maximize the performance of silicon carbide sandpaper. When handling and using silicon carbide sandpaper, it is best to pay attention to the following points:
Store silicon carbide sandpaper in a dry environment and avoid contact with damp environments as much as possible, as damp environments can cause damage to the adhesive layer of the sandpaper, thereby affecting its performance.
Avoid excessive bending:
Avoid excessive bending or folding of silicon carbide sandpaper during storage to avoid damaging its surface.
Choose the appropriate model:
Fully understand different models of silicon carbide sandpaper and choose the corresponding model according to the different applications.
Pay attention to usage:
Pay attention to the use of techniques, usually sanding according to the direction of the workpiece texture to achieve a smoother sanding effect.
To ensure product performance, please store unused silicon carbide sandpaper in a clean and dry environment to avoid the adhesion of dust and dirt.
During storage, use paper or other cushioning to separate the sandpaper to prevent them from sticking together.
In addition, the stored silicon carbide sandpaper should also be regularly inspected to ensure that there is no obvious damage or deformation. Proper handling and storage can extend the lifespan of silicon carbide sandpaper, ensuring optimal results during use.